Without installing an expensive physical enclosure, it is easy to keep your pet safe and secure with the PetSafe In-Ground Fence System. The radio in-ground fence system comes complete with all the components needed for quick set-up. The components include the following:
- 500 feet of boundary wire,
- an updated transmitter with power adapter and mounting bracket,
- a step-by-step installation guide,
- 50 boundary flags,
- And, receiver collars.
Just bury the wire, set up the visual boundaries with the included flags, and attach the receiver collar to the pet’s neck for the system to function. The system works in small and average size yards up to 1/3 of an acre.
It will also cover up to 10 acres with additional wire and flags that are sold separately. It works with multiple pets, but there is an additional purchase of receiver collars required.
The system quickly teaches pets to stay within the boundaries designated by the radio fence while offering optimal freedom and comfort.
The PetSafe In-Ground Fence System is a safe and customizable system that gives your pets a room to play up to 1/3 of an acre coverage. The coverage is expandable up to 25 acres with the purchase of additional wires and flags that are sold separately.
The system features a lightweight receiver collar designed for dogs over 8 lb. with neck sizes from 6 to 26 inches. The collar is extremely lightweight and can be adjusted to fit the pet’s neck, from small to large. The collar is also adjustable and waterproof.
It features four levels of static correction plus tone-only mode for training. The deluxe ultra-light receiver collar emits a warning tone if the transmitter detects that your pet is approaching the established boundary.
If your pet ignores the warning tone and goes through the boundary, the system issues a very benign but corrective electric stimulation through the metal probes on the receiver collar.
Through this system, you can create new boundaries around areas such as gardens, pools, and swing sets in your yard. The PetSafe In-Ground Fence System includes surge protector to keep it away from surges or spikes which may damage the electronic in-ground fence.
It has a low battery indicator that has the battery life of 1-2 months depending on the use. Count in the easy to install an RFA-67 battery.
- Easy to install and set up. The instructions and directions that were given are simple, clear, and helpful. The installation might only take a few hours.
- Works well for a couple of months and more. The system is durable and is accompanied by surge protectors that keep it away from surges or spikes which may damage the electronic in-ground fence.
- Effectively teaches your pets to their limits. It prevents your dog from running away and going through their boundaries. Dogs may have some troubles being trained in the beginning but after continuing with the training and as soon as your pets learned where they are not supposed to go, you may remove the collar and the dogs still remain to their limits.
- Definitely worth the labor in order to save the hundreds and hundreds more that you would pay for a professionally installed fence.
- The system operates as advertised. Making some adjustments with collars tightness and level of correction may have some impact on the functionality of the system.
- It’s not cruel because pets only get zapped once. The system issues a very benign but corrective electric stimulation through the metal probes on the receiver collar. The shock will not traumatize the dog unless you fail to set the right level to your dog’s temperament.
- The power source is in an unheated shed. It works fine even at very low temperatures.
- May not work for other dogs. The dogs’ reactions and temperaments vary. The system might not work with stubborn dogs.
- The receiver does not have an option to turn off the warning. For some dogs, it might be better to associate the correction with a specific location- or line- not a sound coming from the thing on their neck. Some dogs will also see it as an opportunity to test how far they can get.
- The little plastic flags might be short and super annoying to place. The wire-style flags are easy to “fling” into the ground from a standing position. That comes to be even more important when you’re flagging an acre or more.
- The gauge of wire might also be super thin to your liking. The radio frequency obviously does not need a large gauge to be transmitted, but a larger wire might be much more sturdy and resistant to a cut or break, or even chewing by ground pests.
- The shock may traumatize dogs. Following the training guidelines indefinitely might lead your dog to become fearful of going in the yard at all because the dog might over-generalize the correction. Failure to set the right level of correction to your dog’s temperament may cause trauma. Training is an immensely important part of using a radio-style fence. If you’re not sure you can commit to understanding your dog’s view of what’s going on in their yard, you should hire a professional company with people that can help you along the process.
- Product short outs may likely be experienced. Consistent short outs within a year may result in constant replacement and doubling of cost.
The PetSafe In-Ground Fence System is suitable for pet owners who wanted an easy and secure to install one. It is recommended for anybody who wants to let their dog have a free run without letting the pets out of sight and not worrying about them getting on the road.
This product is also suitable for pet owners who have pets that are easy to train and does not mind replacing the collars constantly.