If you are a dog owner, then you likely know the painstaking amount of time it takes to train your dog to be the best that he or she can be. This is especially important if you want to raise a dog that can run around freely both in your house and within your property.
Lucky for dog owners all over, there are plenty of tools and devices on the market that can help you in your doggy training process. One such device is a dog fence collar. A dog fence collar will make your life a whole lot easier in the training process especially if you allow your furry friend to roam freely around in your yard.
To help you with your selection process of the best dog fence training collar, we have narrowed down one in particular for you to look at. This is the Perimeter Technologies Perimeter Wire Free Wi-Fi Dog Fence Collar.
The Perimeter Technologies Perimeter Wire-free Wifi Dog Fence Receiver Collar – a collar that makes use of the ever-available and frequently-utilized wifi to optimize signal reception and work its way as a tool to enhance the process of training as well as locating your pet dog.
This collar, sold separately from the router-like item (which serves as the controller among the two) is conveniently petite with a strap measuring only 2.5 inches wide, 1.5 inches tall and only 2 inches deep.
Aside from these dimensions, it also weighs very lightly at only 2.3 ounces. Perimeter Technologies Perimeter Wire-free Wifi Dog Fence Receiver Collar is made ideal for dogs who weigh somewhere between 10 lbs. to 130 lbs.
Even though it appears in a small size and frame, the functions of this product are not to as small as the size appears.
Perimeter Technologies Perimeter Wire-free Wifi Dog Fence Receiver Collar comes with the latest technology which enables it to connect to any wifi router to send the controller signals regarding the pet’s whereabouts.
The Perimeter Technologies Perimeter Wire-free Wifi Dog Fence Receiver Collar also features five selective levels of signal controls — which you can adjust according to your pet’s tolerance and obedience — and two settings to work on for your dog’s size.
The first among the two settings is crafted to function with smaller dogs even to those who are sensitive to electronic correction. On the other hand, the second setting designed for dogs weighing 35 lbs. up to 60 lbs. moreover, those who are more tolerant with electronic signal corrections.
This collar connects with the same wifi with which the controller is also connected and send back signals to the owner through the controller as well. It makes use of electric shock to teach the pet that he or she is going beyond areas where you have allowed him or her to roam safely around. It will remind your pet of the boundaries which you have set for them.
This collar can transmit signals even up to distances measuring 2.5 acres and charges to works with lithium-ion batteries which you can avail upon purchasing this collar. The Perimeter Technologies Perimeter Wire-free Wifi Dog Fence Receiver Collar can be bought it two different pieces and can still connect with and be monitored by the same controller.
1. The Perimeter Technologies Perimeter Wire-free Wifi Dog Fence Receiver Collar’s feature of enabling wifi connection to serve as a transmitter is convenient and practical, given that most homes nowadays have wifi routers and connections. This ability to use wifi as a transmitter is also an excellent feature as it is wireless and would not limit the signal reception capacity of the collar and even the controller.
2. Having the capability to send and receive signals even up to 2.5 acres’ radius shows how flexible this item can be in a sense that it enables the owner to adjust his or her preset distance and areas for his dog to roam around whenever necessary. In some cases, pet owners only train their dogs to stay in a smaller area until they can defend themselves or calling for help when the necessity arises. When the owners are sure that their pets have attained these characteristics, they can adjust their preset safety area into a bigger one.
3. Two sets of this collar can be monitored by the same controller (which you should buy separately). This will save you much money as you will no longer have to buy a different controller modem for a different pet.
4. The flexibility introduced by the settings is helpful for pet owners who do not want to inflict too much pain for their little pets and at the same time for those who own dogs who are already bigger in size and more shock tolerant than the little ones.
1. The problem with this collar arises once too many gadgets are already connected to the wifi in which the collar and controller are connected. Most wifi routers at home are connected to multiple devices, as the internet where most activities—academic or corporate—are dependent on. Having to connect the collar and controller on that same wifi might give you difficulties in receiving and sending signals since there are many of them contending for it.
2. The Perimeter Technologies Perimeter Wire-free Wifi Dog Fence Receiver Collar having only two settings regarding the size, weight, age, and tolerance of your pet can give you a hard time picking which one is appropriate for them. There are breeds of dogs which are hard you cannot easily identify as a big one of a small one, and confusion can arise from there. Also, this dual setting can be a challenge for those who own pets who are big but not tolerant to shock as they are expected to be.
The features of this product are very promising and truthful to what it had sworn and described to offer its customers. Comfort for the pet and practicality for the owner is never compromised upon purchasing and utilizing this product. With its numerous and heavily important and practical pros and few, manageable cons, this product is a good one to own.
We hope our review of the Perimeter Technologies Perimeter Wire Free Wi-Fi Dog Fence Collar has been beneficial to you in your quest to find the best dog training collar.
If you have had experience with the Perimeter Technologies Perimeter Wire Free Wi-Fi Dog Fence Collar, let us know below what your thoughts were. What was it about the dog training collar that you liked? And what was it that you did not enjoy so much? If you know someone who is looking to purchase a great dog collar, be sure to share this article with them as well!
Last update on 2021-10-26 at 21:16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API