If you hesitate to let your dog explore your backyard because you’re afraid that he or she will destroy your garden, dig holes in the kids’ sandbox, or even try to dig and run away, you’ll be relieved to know there is a very effective option to help you train your dog. You can purchase a no-dig fence for your dog so that you can keep your dogs in your yard and out of spots where you don’t want them to dig.
- Product FAQs
- How We Reviewed
- Overall Price Range
- 10 Best No Dig Fences
- PetSafe Stubborn Dog In-Ground Fence
- Extreme Dog Fence Standard
- Advanced In-Ground Electric Dog Fence System Sit Boo-Boo
- PetSafe Wireless Pet Containment System
- SportDOG In-Ground Fence System
- Combo Electric Dog Fence and Remote Training Collar by Pet Control HQ
- PetSafe YardMax Rechargeable In-Ground Dog Fence
- PetSafe Elite Little Dog In-Ground Fence
- PetSafe Free to Roam Wireless Fence
- FunAce Wireless Pet Containment System
- The Verdict
1. What is a no-dig fence?
No-dig fences for dogs are wired or wireless fences that use a safe, gentle shock to train your dog to stay within a specific boundary that you set.
2. How does a no-dig fence work?
These fences work by placing a collar on your dog that will trigger a response when your dog gets close to the boundary you set. When first starting the training process, you place red flags to indicate where that boundary is.
3. Where can you buy a no-dig fence?
You can purchase these fences from pet stores, retailers such as Walmart, and online markets including Amazon.
4. How much does a no-dig fence cost?
A no-dig fence costs around $100 to $300 dollars. PetSafe, the main brand that sells no-dig fences, typically sells their fences for over $200.
How We Reviewed
We based our ratings on the quality, price, and convenience of these no-dig fences and considered other review articles and customer reviews. We include solutions for both small and large dogs.
Overall Price Range
The overall price range for no-dig fences in this guide is $133.75 to $304.99. Both the in-ground and wireless fences in this guide get rather expensive with the priciest in-ground fence being $304.99 and the most expensive wireless fence costing $279.95.
10 Best No Dig Fences
This wire in-ground fence is perfect for dogs eight pounds and up that are especially hard to train. With four settings that are higher-intensity than PetSafe’s other collars, you can train your dog and keep him safe and sound in your yard.
PetSafe lists all of their authorized sellers on their website. If you want to ensure that you can take advantage of this product’s warranty, you need to buy from one of these authorized sellers. It is a very long list of sellers that includes Amazon, Chewy, Cabela’s, PetSmart, and Petco.
- Includes: transmitter, 2 collars (each with adjustable strap, 2 sets contacts, rubber comfort tips, battery), 500' of 14...
- Collar: 7 different correction levels, set independently on each collar, as well as a beep only training level. The...
- Transmitter: Will provide a signal field as low as 6 inches or as high as 10 feet, which is emitted from your boundary...
This in-ground wired fence comes with a digital transmitter that works at different frequencies in case your neighbor has a similar system. It also comes with a battery-powered, waterproof collar that fits dogs eight pounds and up. It typically lasts up to four months before it needs a battery change. This kit is Extreme’s most basic system and doesn’t come with a surge protector or twisted wire.
- ELECTRIC DOG FENCE w/500 ft of industrial grade SOLID COPPER CORE WIRE. Can expand up to 20 acres of land
- 7 DIFFERENT CORRECTION SETTINGS plus BUILT-IN SURGE PROTECTION - Tone + Vibration + Static
- WORKS IN FREEZING & BELOW ZERO TEMPERATURES PLUS 100% WATERPROOF - WEATHERPROOF IPV7 RATED COLLARS Completely...
This invisible, wired fence system uses copper wires for extra durability. The lightweight collar is comfortable for dogs and is equipped with IPV7 waterproof technology. Your dog will be warned with a vibration and a beep before being shocked, and the sensor works up to six feet in any direction. You can include up to three dogs on one system.
- 1/2 Acre of Circular Coverage: The adjustable circular range can cover up to 1/2 acres from the placement of the...
- No Wire to Bury: A wireless boundary allows you to create a secure barrier around your yard to protect your pets without...
- Static-Free Reentry: Unlike traditional in-ground fences, this wireless fence allows your pet to return home without...
This invisible fence is super easy to set up since it doesn’t require the use of any in-ground wires. This wireless transmitter covers half an acre on its own but can be expanded with more transmitters. You can add an unlimited number of pets to this transmitter system by purchasing more compatible collars.
- Easy-to-install containment kit includes everything needed to cover 1 1/3 acres of land for one dog; can be expanded to...
- Waterproof collar takes standard 9-volt battery (included) that lasts 6-12 months; Fits dogs 10 pound And up
- Contain an unlimited number of dogs with additional collars (sdf-r)
This in-ground fence by SportDOG contains enough wire to cover 1,000 feet, double the amount of most the other fences on this list. You can add an unlimited number of dogs by purchasing more compatible collars, and there are both vibration and tone warnings. The transmitter has a wire-break alarm to alert you of any issues with the wire.
- DESIGN YOUR BOUNDARY – Create a safe and spacious area for your dog to enjoy time outside or build a designated...
- ROBUST & HIGH QUALITY – Specially designed for USA climate the wire is resistant to sunlight, moisture, ground rot,...
- USE TO EXPAND OR REPAIR – Is your dog fence wireless in some spots? Add additional dog fence wire today with our...
This hybrid no-dig dog fence and training collar combo is great for helping to train your dog. It adds extra security for when your dog does happen to get past the barrier. This wire is extra durable and doesn’t need to be buried below the ground to be protected from weather and other damage.
- MAXIMIZE YOUR YARD SPACE: In YardMax mode, your pet will have more room than traditional in-ground fences by receiving...
- 1/3 ACRE COVERAGE: 500 ft of included wire lets you contain up to 1/3-acre yard; purchase additional wire to contain up...
- FITS MOST YARDS: This do-it-yourself weekend project lets you create an in-ground fence designed to fit your yard
This no-dig dog fence is effective for dogs as small as five pounds and has five levels of correction. YardMax fences are designed to give your dog the optimal amount of yard space by having a warning zone that begins on the other side of the unlimited boundary zone for up to 15 seconds for safety.
- IN-GROUND FENCE FOR LITTLE DOGS: Designed to fit dogs 5 lb and up
- COVERS UP TO 1/3 ACRE WITH INCLUDED WIRE: Can be expanded up to 25 acres with the purchase of additional wire and flags
- ADJUSTABLE, WATERPROOF RECEIVER COLLAR: With 4 levels of static stimulation and tone only mod for training, receiver...
This no-dig fence is designed will small dogs in mind. The included collar is lightweight and can fit dogs as little as five pounds while most other collars can only accommodate dogs at a minimum of 10 pounds. You can add an unlimited number of pets if you buy additional collars, so all your small dogs can be safe.
- 1/2 acre of circular coverage: The adjustable circular range can cover up to 1/2 acres from the placement of the...
- No wire to bury: A wireless boundary allows you to create a secure barrier around your yard to protect your pets without...
- Static free re-entry: Unlike traditional in ground fences, this wireless fence allows your pet to return home without...
This wireless no-dig fence option for small dogs can cover a circular area up to a half acre and is super easy to set up. All you need to do is plug in the transmitter into any outlet. You can even bring this transmitter with you wherever you travel since it only takes about an hour to get it ready.
- 100% WATERPROOF - If youve been looking for a true waterproof collar receiver, then your search is over! Thats because...
- RECHARGEABLE & ADJUSTABLE - Tired of replacing batteries unlessly? Our rechargeable collar is your solution - a full...
- MULTIPLE PETS - Have more than one dog that are different in size or temperament? Our system supports unlimited of dogs...
This no-dig dog fence uses a patented Wi-Fi electric radio transmitter. It uses a wireless system that can support up to 17 acres or 500 feet in every direction. You can’t use this system in small yards and need a minimum of 50 feet between your house and the boundary you want to set. If your dog does cross the boundary, there is no initial warning stage. The collar will shock and beep for 18 seconds, then beep only for another 54 seconds, then repeat three times until the collar shuts off for the safety of your dog.
The best no-dig fence for larger dogs is the affordable but effective Combo Electric Dog Fence and Remote from Pet Control HQ. It comes with a rechargeable battery. This fence earned extra points for durability since the wires don’t even need to be dug into the ground to resist damage.
The best option for smaller dogs is the Free to Roam Wireless Fence. The collar that comes with this fence is comfortable for small dogs as small as five pounds. The fact that it is super easy to bring with you anywhere make this a great no-dig fence to have.