We all want what’s best for our pups, but finding the right dog bed is not as easy as it sounds. There are many options available, but if you’ve got a chewer on your hands, you’ll need something tough. What you need is an indestructible dog bed. It’s entirely natural for dogs to chew, which includes anything from toys to their own bed. However, It can get quite expensive if you always have to replace your dog’s bedding.
An indestructible dog bed is built to be chew-resistant and longer-lasting than the average pet store bed. It’s constructed to withstand rough use and often crafted with materials your dog doesn’t want to chew. But if you’re looking into getting a reliable indestructible dog bed, there are a few things that you should consider.
Comparison of the Most Indestructible Dog Bed
Considerations When Buying an Indestructible Dog Bed
It’s essential to remember that nothing is indestructible. However, dog beds that are chew-resistant are a great idea if you have a dog that simply won’t stop chewing. These beds are meant to be able to withstand anything your dog tries to do to them. But first, look at the severity of the habit.
As we mentioned, chewing is a natural behavior for dogs. Young dogs chew to relieve teeth pain and usually grow out of it. But some older dogs may continue to chew because it’s learned. Dogs also chew to relieve the stress of separation anxiety, frustration, or boredom.
It’s good to make sure your dog gets lots of mental and physical exercise to prevent these issues. But in many cases, some dogs chew on their bed simply because they enjoy it.
But What Makes an Indestructible Dog Bed “Indestructible”?
Manufacturers claim that their beds are indestructible or chew-proof, but the words indestructible and chew-proof aren’t interchangeable. They can say that a bed will withstand heavy use without excessive damage. But it could also mean that the material of the bed causes your dog to lose interest in chewing on it altogether.
If you have a moderate chewer, then most beds should be fine. But if your dog is an aggressive chewer, then it’s time to look at the materials that go into making a durable and indestructible dog bed. The general construction material of the bed will determine the chew-worthiness of the bed. While it takes several components to put a bed together, there are three common things you should look for.
- Ballistic nylon: This provides the best material when it comes to chew-proofing. Even if your dog decides to chew on it, the nylon is too tough for them to damage.
- Canvas: While it’s not as tough, the material is still strong enough to withstand your pup. It’s also not that appealing to most dogs.
- Denim: Although weaker than both the ballistic nylon and canvas, most dogs refuse to chew on it. It’s sturdy and can prevent shredding.
Our Top 7 Best Indestructible Dog Beds
Whether you have a teething puppy, a troubled teen, or an anxious adult, there are several beds to choose from. To make things easier, we’ve rounded up the toughest, and most comfortable, options for the chewer in your life.
In fact, we made our decision after extensive research into the design and comfort levels of each bed. We also compared our findings with reviews from other customers to help you find the best indestructible dog bed for your pup.
1. K9 Ballistics Tough Round Orthopedic Dog Bed
No products found.
The ballistic fabric used in this bed is resistant to most punctures, bites, scratches, and tears. And even if your dog somehow manages to get through the sturdy fabric, the tear will not spread. This indestructible dog bed has a pleasing circular shape and is available in a variety of colors and sizes. That makes it an excellent choice for any breed of dog.
It also features waterproof orthopedic foam to provide added support for dogs with joint or muscle pain. The only downside to K9 Ballistics is that it can cost you more than your average bed. But given that it comes with a three-month guarantee, it’s worth the cost. Customers love the great design and comfort that this bed provides for their dog, rewarding K9 Ballistics a fantastic 4.4 out of 5.0 stars on Amazon.
2. PetFusion Ultimate Dog Bed
- PREMIUM COMPONENTS & BETTER HEALTH: (i) The SOLID 2.5 inch MEMORY FOAM in our orthopedic dog bed provides an ultra...
- SMART DESIGN: (i) Small dog bed base & bolsters provide optimal support, comfort, & security. (ii) Water resistant &...
- PEACE OF MIND: (i) The Certi-PUR-US Memory foam used in our orthopedic dog bed for small dogs has NO mercury, lead,...
The PetFusion Ultimate indestructible dog bed lives up to its name with the ultimate resistance to diggers and chewers. The bed is extremely comfortable and features an outer bolster that your dog can use as a headrest. It’s also built with a memory foam base that provides support to your dog’s body. The memory foam is especially beneficial for senior dogs who may have arthritis or occasional body aches.
It’s lined by a machine-washable, tear and water-resistant cover that makes accidents quick and easy to clean. While it’s not as tough as some beds, it will stand up to dogs that like to dig and nibble. It’s an excellent combination if you have an older dog who’s a moderate chewer and needs a soft place to rest. Owners are impressed with the quality of PetFusion, earning it a 4.6 out of 5.0 stars on Amazon.
3. Brindle Memory Foam Dog Bed
- A 3-inch layer of orthopedic shredded memory foam fill eliminates pressure points and increases breathability
- Portable, lightweight bed is great for travel and compatible with 36" X 23" Dog crates
- Soft, supportive consistency conforms to weight and pressure to relieve achy joints, arthritis and hip dysplasia
This chew-proof dog bed comes with a waterproof, removable microsuede cover that’s machine-washable, so it’s easy to clean. The microsuede fabric also has a level of strength that you don’t see in most material. While it’s not an utterly indestructible dog bed, the Brindle is chew-resistant and offers the added benefit of caring for your dog’s aching pains.
Instead of a single block, Brindle uses shredded memory foam to improve joint support. Brindle carries a slightly heftier price tag, but you have a three-year warranty to put this dog bed to the test. Both owners and their dogs agree that this is one of the most comfortable chew-proof beds, rewarding it a 4.2 out of 5.0 rating on Amazon.
4. AmazonBasics Elevated Cooling Pet Bed
- Breathable mesh fabric helps keep pets cool by allowing air to flow
- Elevates pets more than 7 inches off the ground
- Easy to clean (using tap water only); simple assembly (screws and hex tool included)
AmazonBasics indestructible dog bed comes with all the features that you’ll see from similar designed chew-proof beds. It’s also elevated, which makes it very durable and hard to beat. This bed comes in all sizes, from extra small to extra large, and is very supportive for even the largest of dog breeds.
The removable and replaceable cover is easy to clean and even more accessible to setup. And the entire bed is fully portable, making it convenient to take when you travel. And this bed has a more affordable price, so it’s great for those on a budget.
5. Kuranda chewproof dog bed
- ORIGINAL CHEWPROOF BED AND STILL THE BEST - Designed in Maryland in 1995. Patent #US5992348. Still the best. Best...
- BEST DESIGN - Oversize rails (larger than all competitors) protect fabric in frame. Orthopedic design provides long...
- BEST MATERIALS - Aircraft grade aluminum and high strength PVC won't rust. Premium fabric are abrasion resistant,...
The Kuranda durable dog bed has your aggressive chewer in mind. It’s well-constructed out of PVC to protect the fabric. It’s available in all sizes, so it’s sure to fit any breed of dog and offers firm, orthopedic support with maximum comfort. Because of the elevated style, the air circulation underneath allows for much cooler temperatures on hot days.
It will also keep your dog away from the hard cold floorings during winter. That makes this indestructible dog bed the perfect choice all year round. This bed also comes with a chew-proof guarantee for a one-year warranty.
6. Dogbed4less Orthopedic Memory Foam Dog Bed
- SMART DESIGN - This bed comes with x1 gel cooling memory foam pad, x1 Water proof internal zipper cover, x1 Denim...
- EASY TO CLEAN DENIM COVER - Machine washable heavy weight jeans denim cover in navy blue color. Second layer waterproof...
- TRUE ORTHOPEDIC MEMORY FOAM DOG BED - Unlike other lower cost multi-layer partial memory foam, we do not cut corners and...
This durable orthopedic dog bed from Dogbeds4less comes covered in two cases. It includes an internal breathable liner with shredded foam, and a waterproof, machine-washable sturdy denim replaceable cover. The combination delivers comfort and proven support for dogs with arthritis. It lessens pressure spots on joints and bones for improved body support and quality of sleep.
The Dogbed4less orthopedic dog bed is for moderate chewers and will last years without any worry. While this bed isn’t for aggressive chewers, the bed stands up to severe large breed abuse.
7. Big Barker Orthopedic Dog Bed
- CALIBRATED FOR BIG DOGS: Available in Large, XL, Giant XXL dog bed sizes. Too powerful for small dogs.
- CLINICALLY PROVEN: University of Pennsylvania study data showed less pain, more mobility after using a Big Barker for...
- 10 YEAR WARRANTY: American made therapeutic foam is the best quality you'll find in orthopedic dog beds. Won't flatten...
The Big Barker bed is chew-proof and tear-resistant that’s easy to clean and machine washable. It includes a very comfortable soft removable and replaceable microfiber cover. The company offers the guarantee that the foam will retain 90 percent of its original shape and support for the next 10 years or your money back. That’s a considerable claim since it means that the bed may last the entire lifetime of your dog.
Keep in mind that this indestructible dog bed is built and calibrated, especially for larger dogs – not for small or lighter dogs. The only drawback is that the price tag will likely force some owners to consider other options.
Remember That Your Dog’s Comfort Comes First
As you can see, there’s an indestructible dog bed for every dog. Whether they’re an excessive digger, aggressive chewer, or pillow sucker, you’re sure to find the perfect bed. No matter how sturdy the bed is, keep in mind that your dog’s comfort should always come first.
A good Indestructible dog bed that’s long-lasting, chew-resistant, and durable may cost more than your average dog bed. But it will last you and your dog for many years. Does your canine friend use any of these chew-proof beds? Let us know in the comments section below!
Last update on 2022-10-02 at 08:05 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API