If you are searching for the best dog stroller to fit your and your dog’s needs, these are the best pet strollers on the market. This guide will help you find the most durable, comfortable stroller for your furry companion.
[amazon box=”B015HVCDQ0,B073WXCYKH,B071F4DQ5P,B00CGYE1W6,B00N11PEPQ,B01M33Q7R8,B01BGHCK1M,B015G8KOY2,B00C2LKMYO,B07386Y64W” template=”table”]
1. What are dog strollers?
Dog strollers, like baby strollers, allow you to wheel your dog around in a compartment that is designed to keep them secure.
2. What do dog strollers do?
They are often used for sick or injured dogs, elderly dogs, and dogs with low stamina. If your dog enjoys being outside with you but is unable to walk well on their own, a dog stroller allows them to relax while you do all the work.
3. How do dog strollers work?
They typically restrain your dog with some type of harness and are connected to wheels, like a baby stroller, to push your dog around.
4. Where can you buy dog strollers?
You can buy it at some pet stores and other retailers. To help you find the best dog stroller, looking online at vendors like Amazon and Chewy will give you a much larger selection to choose from.
How We Reviewed
We ranked the following best strollers based on the durability of their frame and wheels, convenience features like extra storage and collapsibility, total weight capacity, affordability, versatility, and safety. We did plenty of research on which strollers best fit multiple needs so you wouldn’t have to. Reading product descriptions, customer reviews, technical specifications, and review articles are only a few of the resources we used to determine which of these products is the best dog stroller.
Best Dog Strollers
Vivo Three Wheel Dog and Cat Stroller
If you are looking for a decent, cheap dog stroller that you can use to jog or get around town with your small dog, this stroller is a good value. This is a better choice for mellow dogs who won’t move around too much inside.
- Simple to collapse and reopen for easy storage
- Storage basket, tray, and two cup holders for your convenience
- Decent build and designed for jogging
- Well-reviewed, affordable pet stroller
- May start to tilt if your dog is mobile inside
- Only can hold up to 30 pounds
- Wheels wear down quickly
- Dogs leashes inside stroller are stitched and easily break
Pet Gear No-Zip Expedition Zipperless Entry Pet Stroller
This sturdy, dual-entry pet stroller made by popular brand Pet Gear Inc. is perfect for large dogs up to 150 pounds, or it can hold multiple pets.
- A no-zip type entry that uses an easy-to-open, secure latch
- Dual-entry doors allow pets to get out without having to turn around
- Multi-position comfortable handle
- Sturdy and spacious enough to hold up to 150 pounds
- Mesh, zipper sunroof for large dogs
- No convenient storage or cup holders
- Some customers claim it is hard to assemble
- Plastic wheels that sometimes break, turn sideways, or wear down
Ibiyaya 5-in-1 Multi-Function Carrier Stroller
If you have a small dog and you often travel with your pet, this pet carrier allows you to transport your pet in whatever way is most the comfortable for the both for you. You can even use it as a car seat!
- Can function as a stroller, wheeled carrier, backpack, shoulder carrier, and car seat
- Don’t need to take your pet out of the carrier from your car to the stroller
- Collapsible and easy to store
- Includes a snack tray, storage basket, and two cup holders
- A small carrier that will only fit very small, light dogs
- The straps aren’t very comfortable in the backpack and shoulder carry positions
- 5-in-1 requires lots of attachments to lug around
Pet Gear No-Zip NV Pet Stroller
If you want a sturdy, weather resistant stroller with tires that are sure to last for even a long jog, this stroller by Pet Gear is the best stroller for you and your dog.
- Secure no-zip latch for easy opening and closing
- Comfortable bolster pad and elevated paw rest for your dog’s comfort
- Included weather cover to keep your pet and the stroller protected and dry
- Large mesh window for your dog to look out of
- Can fit dogs up to 70 pounds
- Has front-lock wheels and durable air tires for a smooth ride
- A more expensive dog stroller
- Some users complained about front wheels popping off due to cheap bearings
- Although Pet Gear claims this stroller can handle rough terrain, some customers report the wheels are unstable on uneven ground
Best Choice Products 2-in-1 Pet Stroller and Trailer
This a large, comfortable dog stroller can double up as a trailer that connects to your bike. With a safety flag, reflectors, and a bug screen, you can tell this stroller was created with safety in mind.
- Can be used as a stroller or trailer with an attachable hitch
- Has a safety flag and reflectors for increased visibility on the road
- Pump-up air tires for a smooth and sturdy ride
- Comes with a hook that attaches to dog’s harness for extra security
- Fits dogs up to 66 pounds
- The handle is high up and uncomfortable for shorter people
- The stroller can be somewhat unstable if your dog sits in the back due to the small front wheel
- It’s a large heavy stroller that can’t fit through doorways
- You need to disassemble the stroller to put it in most trunks
HPZ Pet Rover
This stroller is a great all-around transport for pets as large as 75 pounds. With a stainless-steel frame and three-year free wheel replacement, you can be sure this stroller will last for years.
- Collapsible for easy storage
- Made out of stainless steel and aluminum alloys instead of plastic for durability
- Comes with a storage basket, bottle holder, and attached accessory bag for your convenience
- Adjustable compartment for fitting pets up to 75 pounds
- Great suspension system for absorbing shock and preventing damage
- Three-year free wheel replacement program
- Super easy to assemble
- Some customers complain about the zippers breaking easily
- Sometimes the stroller tips backward when dogs sit towards the back
- Has plastic wheels
- Big gaps allow for bugs to enter
Pet Gear Ultra Lite Travel Stroller
If you’re looking for a super lightweight stroller that can fit your small dog during traveling and light-use, this stroller is a great value.
- Only weighs nine pounds
- Quick and easy to fold for storage and transportation
- Eight six-inch wheels with rear brakes
- Has a leash attachment
- A very simple stroller that includes no pad or cushion for your dog
- The plastic wheels sometimes wobble or refuse to roll
- Only fits pets up to 15 pounds
OxGord Paws & Pals Double Pet Stroller
This dog stroller allows you to take two dogs in separate compartments. Your dogs will love having their own space to sprawl out and relax.
- Can carry multiple dogs in separate compartments
- Collapsible for easy storage and transportation
- Lots of storage space with two storage baskets and cup holders
- Prioritizes safety with brakes, leashes, and seat belts
- Very affordable
- Although the stroller has a total weight capacity of 60 pounds, each compartment can only hold up to 30 pounds
- Very wide stroller which can make walking in crowded places or small sidewalks difficult
- No cup holder
- Plastic wheels
Gen7 Regal Plus Pet Stroller
This stroller gives your pet plenty of space with the roomy, lightweight compartment. Although you’ll pay more than you would for most lightweight strollers, your pet will appreciate you for it.
- A lightweight stroller that is easy to store and only weighs 11.5 pounds
- Has a “Smart-Canopy” which folds under the canopy hood to give your pet plenty of space
- Comes with a large storage basket and tray for your convenience
- Comfortable handle
- Plastic wheels
- Only fits dogs up to 25 pounds
Confidence Deluxe Four-Wheel Pet Stroller
This product is very affordable. It includes plenty of storage for your convenience and has two entries for your pet.
- Has a rear and front entry, so your pet doesn’t have to turn around to get out
- Has a very large storage basket and a snack tray with two cup holders
- Folds quickly for easy storage
- Has a steel frame that is both lightweight and durable
- Comes with a soft pad inside for your dog’s comfort
- Extremely affordable
- Only holds dogs up to 33 pounds
- Some customers reported issues with both front and rear wheels
- The front zipper is easy for dogs to potentially open
- Plastic wheels
Although the best dog stroller for your dog will depend on his or her size and temperament, and your purpose in buying the stroller, we have selected the HPZ Pet Rover as the best dog stroller because this unit can hold up to 75 pounds and it can fit large dogs or even multiple dogs.
This stroller is super convenient for you due to its easy set-up, simple collapsing, and lots of storage. Most importantly, this dog stroller is extremely durable. While other strollers are made out of cheap plastic that can easily break, the HPZ Pet Rover is made from aluminum and stainless-steel alloys and has a great suspension system as well.
The biggest caveat with this pet stroller is that it comes with plastic wheels. Customers often complain that strollers with these plastic wheels wear down easily. However, HPZ has a three-year wheel replacement program that will replace any worn down or broken wheels for free.