You love your dog. There’s a reason that our canine companions are called our best friends. For their mental health, play is exceptionally important. The best dog toys stand up to their games, and keep them busy for hours.
Searching for the best toys? That takes time and effort that many of us just don’t have to give, so we took the guesswork out of the equation and found them for you!
- Best Dog Toys Comparison Table
- How We Choose Our Ratings for the
- Best Dog Toys
- Our Choices for the Best Dog Toys
- Best Dog Toys âBuyerâs Guide
Best Dog Toys Comparison Table
How We Choose Our Ratings for the
Best Dog Toys
Image Via pixabay
The most important aspects to us in a list of our favorite products that we have reviewed is ensuring that it is as honest and accurate as it possibly can be. To do this, we research a few different places for the best information.
To make sure we have a broad, unbiased spectrum of views, we heavily read through and research customer reviews and testimonials. Not only does this give us more opinions and situations from users of the product, but it also allows us to detect any patterns, which in turn lets us see the potential downsides and highlights of each item.
Another aspect that we look into thoroughly is the product specifications. This allows us to learn every detail about the item, and makes us familiar with the materials/ingredients that the product consists of, how it is made, and any accessories that it might come with. It also gives us some insight into the overall quality and usability of the item.
Lastly, we make sure to look into the brand that makes the products in question. Knowing whether or not they are ethical and trustworthy is very important to us and to the companyâs customers. This information also allows us to look into how the products are made, their customer service policies, how they handle returns and refunds, and whether or not they are worth buying from.
When it comes to the best dog toys on the market, there are a few specific things to consider. Pricing, quality, safety, entertainment, and convenience are all important to weigh heavily.
Now letâs take a look at some of our favorite choices for the best dog toys on the market today.
Our Choices for the Best Dog Toys
Here are our favorite choices for the best dog toys available this year. We are going to be providing each toy with a rating between 1 and 5 stars so you can see which ones we think are the most worth your time and money.
1. KONG Rubber Flying Frisbee
KONG will show up several times on this list, and for good reason. This is an extremely well known and trusted brand when it comes to dog toys, and they have been since 1976. This package comes with a bonus trainer.
This particular toy is perfect for a dog that wants to constantly play fetch with you. This dog toy is made from rubber that is all natural, and is extremely durable and flexible. Even if your pup plays fetch with it every day for a year, they arenât going to be able to cause it any damage.
Normal frisbees are typically made out of plastic, which can crack and splinter, which can hurt your dogâs mouth. Having some durable made of rubber ensures that this doesnât happen.
One important aspect to note about the KONG Rubber Flying Frisbee, however, is that it is a toy for fetching, and not a chew toy. The company recommends not leaving your pet alone to chew this toy, as it could result in obstruction or choking. While it is durable enough to withstand most chewing, it is better to be on the safe side.
Our final rating for the KONG Rubber Flying Frisbee is 5 out of 5 stars.
- Soft Catch: The natural rubber makes for a softer, forgiving catch during fetch. It also delivers a dynamic rebound if...
- Instinctual Needs: This toy promotes your dog's instinctual need to play and encourages lots of healthy exercise.
- Durability: The natural KONG Classic red rubber formula is created to be durable, and flexible for a soft catch.
2. BazooK-9 Tennis Ball Launcher Gun
Our next option is the BazooK-9 Tennis Ball Launcher Gun, which is also ideal for a dog that loves to play fetch. If youare someone who has trouble throwing a ball for your dog, having something tolaunch them may be the next best thing.
This best dog toy option accepts up to three tennis balls, and will shoot one at a time to a far enough distance to get your dog running. All you have to do is pull back the rear rod to adjust the travel distance and then shoot the ball off for your fluffy friend.
Our final rating for this dog toy is 4.5 out of 5 stars.
- COMPATIBLE: Works with standard tennis balls. Includes two (2) squeaky tennis balls
- ADJUST TO YOUR LIKING: Adjustable travel distance helps you determine how far you want to shoot your tennis ball
- GET MORE DONE WITH YOUR PET: Extra storage for more balls, so you can shoot multiple balls for your pet to fetch in one...
3. Benebone Bacon Flavored Wishbone Chew Toy
Next up we have the fun and delicious Benebone Bacon Flavored Wishbone Chew Toy.
This product will become a fast favorite for your dog, as it has real bacon flavor. Your pet is sure to want to chew on this all day long.
The bone is in the shape of a curved wishbone, which makes it very easy for dogs to grab onto and bite without issue. Keep in mind, however, that it made for dogs that weigh less than 70 pounds. If you have a larger pet, you will need to look at another toy.
Another important aspect to note is that while the ingredients of the product are only bacon and nylon, it is made in a facility where nuts are present as well. If someone in the family has a nut allergy, you may want to avoid this product.
This is a chew toy and is not meant to be swallowed and digested. If you notice the toy begin to come apart, it needs to be replaced.
Our final rating for this product is 4 out of 5 stars.
- DURABLE, LONG-LASTING – Super chewer? Bring it on. Benebones are tougher than real bones and last for weeks.
- REAL BACON! – We use only 100% REAL BACON for flavor. Trust us, dogs can tell the difference.
- EASY TO PICK UP AND CHEW – The Wishbone is curved for a paw-friendly grip so your pup can quickly grab it and get a...
4. Chuckit! Ultra Ball
Do you have a dog who loves nothing more than to destroy their tennis balls? This is the toy for you.
The Chuckit! Ultra Ball is designed for even the toughest of pets, and is said to be incredibly durable, easy to see, and has extremely high buoyancy and high bounce. It works for pets of any size, and can be used as a chew toy, a toy for fetch, or anything else your pet wants to do with it.
The reason that this item works for any size of dog, is that it comes in different sizes. You can purchase this ball in small, medium, large, x-large, and xx-large.
This toy is also compatible with the Chuckit! Dog Toy Launcher. If you canât throw the balls yourself, this is a great addition to purchase as well.
Our final rating for the Chuckit! Ultra Ball is 5 out of 5 stars.
- ULTRA BOUNCE BALL: This ball toy for dogs entices play withhigh impact bouncing! Play fetch at the lake or pool thanks...
- TOUGH & DURABLE: Rubber ball for dogs has a textured surface & a thick rubber core for aggressive chewers yet is soft on...
- PET TOYS: Get ready for bonding & fun with your dogs & cats! Check out a variety of our pet toy products such as...
5. KONG Air Squeaker Tennis Balls
Another fantastic product from KONG is their Air Squeaker Tennis Balls. They come in a pack of three, and take tennis balls to a new level with squeakers inside of them.
They are extremely durable, and the balls also float to make them easier to find if they land in water as well. The balls are made of a material that is not at all abrasive, so you donât have to worry about them breaking down your dogâs teeth. All materials in and around the ball are also non-toxic.
Unlike tennis balls, these can be fetched and chewed on considerably without any worry of them breaking apart or being able to be digested by your pet.
These come in both small and medium sizes, so they are appropriate for most dog breeds. However you may want to consider another toy if you have a dog over 100 pounds.
Our final rating for this product is 4.5 out of 5 stars.
- Pack of 12 balls
- Medium, Air Squeaker Tennis Balls Dog Toy
- Special Non-Abrasive Fabric Will Not Wear Down Dog's Teeth
6. Our Pets Smarter Interactive IQ Treat Ball Dog Toy
If you are looking for a toy that is a little more mentally stimulating, look no further than the Our Pets Smarter Interactive IQ Treat Ball Dog Toy.
This toy provides your dogs with a puzzle inside the ball that they have to solve in order to get to their favorite treats inside. We love this because it is stimulating and assists some of your furry friendâs skills.
You can easily take this toy apart and put in your dogâs favorite treats or kibble after they have emptied it â this keeps the fun going.
This toy also comes in two different sizes depending on how big your dog is. It is available in either three inches across, or four inches across.
Our final rating for this toy is 5 out of 5 stars.
- MENTALLY STIMULATE YOUR DOG: This food-dispensing dog toy keeps dogs mentally and physically active while they play....
- CUSTOMIZABLE IQ TREAT BALL: Your furry friend gets smarter as they play with this interactive dog toy ball, learning how...
- EASY TO USE AND CLEAN: Our interactive treat dispensing dog toys conveniently uses your dog's favorite dry treats or...
7. Nylabone Galileo Natural Nearly Indestructible Bone
If your dog loves to chew up and destroy everything in his sight, consider the Nylabone Galileo Natural Nearly Indestructible Bone.
This product is known for being the strongest nylon dog bone in the world, and is ideal for helping keep your petâs teeth clean. Between the vigorous cleaning of the teeth and the gum massage, your pup will have no issues keeping his mouth clean and fresh.
On top of being good for them, itâs an entertaining toy as well. This extremely durable bone will be able to handle all of your dogâs chewing without disintegrating and becoming a hazard.
One warning to keep in mind, however, is that your dog should not continue to use this is they have any cracked or chipped teeth. In this case, it could cause further dental damage and should be avoided.
Our final rating for the Nylabone Galileo Natural Nearly Indestructible Bone is 4.5 out of 5 stars.
- DISCOURAGES DESTRUCTIVE CHEWING - Our long lasting chew toys are a healthy and fun activity for dogs to fight boredom,...
- FUN & OCCUPYING – Multi textured chew toy keeps dogs busy while satisfying their natural urge to chew
- PROMOTES DOG DENTAL HEALTH – Ridges and nubs help prevent plaque and tartar buildup as dogs chew
Best Dog Toys âBuyerâs Guide
Now that you have seen all of our favorite options on the market for the best dog toys, letâs talk about what you should consider before purchasing any of them.
One extremely crucial aspect you should keep in mind before buying toys for your pet is their size. Some of these toys are meant for dogs over or under a specific weight, and that is for a reason. Dogs that are playing with toys that are too small for them could be in danger of choking, and dogs that are too small for their toys could be injured as well. As long as you do your research and choose the right size, you should have no problems.
Keep in mind that these toys are all a range of different prices as well. If you have a specific budget in mind for your dog toys, you can use that to help narrow down your choices and choose from the remaining toys.
We hope you and your pets find this guide to be helpful. Which toy on the list are you the most excited to try out?
Last update on 2021-01-23 at 17:37 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API