Pet protection and discipline comes in a new package that users will find convenient and pets will find comfortable and effective—all thanks to the PetSafe Pawz Away Pet Barriers with Adjustable Range Threshold.
Features and Benefits
The PetSafe Pawz Away Pet Barriers with Adjustable Range Threshold features an adjustable barrier. These electronic barriers hinder pets’ access from pets and through doorways without having to set up a physical gate. However, despite the gate comparison of this product, keep in mind that this is not designed for containment system. It is more of a pet-proofing system. This means that the product is designed to keep them out of a certain area rather than keep them in. The correction it aims for upon set up is avoidance and discipline.
Locations and positions are not a problem with the barriers included in this product since it can be placed anywhere. With the PetSafe Pawz Away Pet Barriers’ flexible usage, you can choose to simply place it on top of an appliance or furniture and horizontally to a stair or wall. This feature can be utilized indoors. When it comes to its covered distance and range, it can cover up to a maximum radius of 31 inches.
Aside from the flexible, adjustable and efficient transmitters, this product also comes with a lightweight receiver collar. Comfort for the pet is guaranteed since it will feel weightless and will not hinder the pets’ activities and movements. This collar operates with a progressive static correction. This means that once the correction is initiated, it grows stronger and stronger. It starts at the lowest level and increases in a span of three seconds. Like its automatic progressive correction, it also automatically shuts off after 15 seconds of static correction. These lightweights, automatic collars guarantee comfort for pets weighing over 5 lbs., whose height measures no more than 40 inches, and whose neck sizes range between 6 to 28 inches.
As for the battery requirements, efficiency and convenience are still promised. For the transmitter, users only need to purchase 4 pieces of AA batteries (to be bought separately) to make it function. As for the receiver collars, you simply need to buy 2 pieces of 3-Volt lithium batteries, which are already included upon purchase.
Like other pet-proofing packages in the market, it also offers a multiple pets set up, allowing you to pet more than one pet under surveillance. As long as the pets wear their collars, they are sure to be restricted from certain areas you have set up. This will make them stay away from these particular areas through corrections that come upon approaching.
As for the compatibility, the PetSafe Pawz Away Pet Barriers with Adjustable Range Threshold works only with Pawz Away receiver collars and Yard Max receiver collars. This makes it not compatible with any other PetSafe Inground Fence and Wireless Collars.
- Since this is very easy to set up and works efficiently, this will save time for busy pet owners. Instead of setting up a physical gate, they can opt to have these transmitters on their house and collars on their pets.
- Since these transmitters can be placed anywhere, users can maximize pet proofing everywhere indoors. From small places to appliances, furniture, and certain rooms, you can place the transmitters—even on walls. This is very convenient for pet owners having a large house for the pet to roam around.
- Above training and discipline, the well-being and comfort of the pet should be the top priority. This is exactly what PetSafe Pawz Away Pet Barriers with Adjustable Range Threshold offers. Since it weighs lightly on the pets’ necks, they can still move freely and breathe comfortably with these collars on.
- With the progressive static correction feature, lesser human intervention is needed as the devices will do their functions on their own. Even if the owner is not around, correction is still possible and definitely maintained.
- With this product offering compatibility exclusively to two brands alone, limits and narrowing of options are present. This means that if neither of these two is available, you will have to wait until it becomes available again.
- Despite the convenience it offers, the flexible feature could pose a danger to and from children. Given that it can be placed anywhere and in any position, children might trip over them or play with them. This might open up a huge disadvantage for pet owners who live with children.
- Though minimum human intervention is required even in correction, this could still be of a disadvantage. With the progressive correction, you can be guaranteed that correction continues even without your control, as long as it is working. However, the problem arises once the pet is strong enough to resist this correction—he or she will be able to penetrate restricted areas. On the other hand, there are pets who are too weak and might tremble over a level of correction. Since you are in no control for this, this could pose a danger to the pet.
The PetSafe Pawz Away Pet Barriers with Adjustable Range Threshold is highly recommended for pet owners who are always on the go. This is also good for those who want particular areas and items in their house to be pet-free. However, precautionary measures must be observed by using this. On top of that, constant observation of the pet must be conducted in order to assure safety and effectiveness of the product.
Last update on 2021-01-20 at 19:48 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API